News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

I really like it when my paycheque starts with a "2"!

Started by Superchecker, November 24, 2017, 07:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Superchecker

Thanks to the Remembrance day stat (extra days pay) my current pay cheque passed thru the $2,000 mark (take home)!!

Whoo hoo!

The next one should even be higher, with my vacation differential pay out too!!
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Thanks to the Remembrance day stat (extra days pay) my current pay cheque passed thru the $2,000 mark (take home)!!

Whoo hoo!

Congratulations Superchecker, you worked for it..

I've never had a two thousand dollar paycheque because  overtime is not available..

What do you mean vacation differential?

Your remaining AV days for 2017?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Our annual vacation time is based on our base/minimum income. I choose to work shifts that pay more than the minimum.

Let's say I earn $15,000 a year more than the basic pay level. The company owes me 5% of that extra $15,000 in vacation pay. So that works out to an extra $750 a year. Payroll gives us half of that in April, and half in Dec.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"

Our annual vacation time is based on our base/minimum income. I choose to work shifts that past more than the minimum.

Let's say I earn $15,000 a year more than the basic pay level. The company owes me 5% of that extra $15,000 in vacation pay. So that works out to an extra $750 a year. Payroll gives us half of that in April, and half in Dec.

Oh I see Superchecker..

Neither my husband nor I have the option of overtime pay or working stat holidays.

Superchecker

Our annual vacation time is based on our base/minimum income. I choose to work shifts that pay more than the minimum.

Oh I see Superchecker..

Neither my husband nor I have the option of overtime pay or working stat holidays.

Would you work Sundays if you could? Time and a half?

Stat holidays, for transit workers, are a days pay in lieu of the stat plus time and a half for whichever shift you do work. So, that's like double time and a half! Christmas, and any holidays that fall on a Sunday, end up as triple time!
<t></t>

Anonymous

Our annual vacation time is based on our base/minimum income. I choose to work shifts that past more than the minimum.

Oh I see Superchecker..

Would you work Sundays if you could? Time and a half?

Stat holidays, for transit workers, are a days pay in lieu of the stat plus time and a half for whichever shift you do work. So, that's like double time and a half! Christmas, and any holidays that fall on a Sunday, end up as triple time!

I would refuse Sundays, but I would work stat days if I could.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Thanks to the Remembrance day stat (extra days pay) my current pay cheque passed thru the $2,000 mark (take home)!!

Whoo hoo!

With a ton of deductions, that's hard to do with a city job these days.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"With a ton of deductions, that's hard to do with a city job these days.

VERY difficult.

LaFarge mixer operator (and to a lesser extent some of the other operators, such as Ocean) is the ONLY job around here that can pay more.  I know, as I've worked there.

Tough to get in, and hard to be on-call (which is one reason I left), but not many jobs like that around here that pay over $100,000/year to the regular operators.

Concrete is pretty much the only industry the Teamsters managed to keep the wages/rates up in...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Herman"With a ton of deductions, that's hard to do with a city job these days.

VERY difficult.

LaFarge mixer operator (and to a lesser extent some of the other operators, such as Ocean) is the ONLY job around here that can pay more.  I know, as I've worked there.

Tough to get in, and hard to be on-call (which is one reason I left), but not many jobs like that around here that pay over $100,000/year to the regular operators.

Concrete is pretty much the only industry the Teamsters managed to keep the wages/rates up in...

I believe iron  horse jockey  aid his union is the Teamsters, but I could be wrong..

I  thought they were a good private sector union?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

VERY difficult.

They can make a lot more than that can't they? I know a guy who quit the patch twenty years to drive for Burnco in Calgary. He was making today's equivalent of that and more in about nine months each year. He would go to Mexico as soon as he was laid off.

Angry White Male

It can vary, but LaFarge now pays mixer ops around 38.00/hour.  At least here in Vancouver...

You can do the math from there.  There may be some overtime, but not as much as you'd think.  Winter can get slow for some of the guys on the lower end of the totem pole.

There's really not much more that pays better here.  Ocean essentially matches their pay rates.

Here, Burnco is not union, and doesn't pay as well, nor do they offer the same benefits.  Of course, working enough hours throughout the year could still earn you six figure income.

IRISH KAM

Is that 15000 $ CAN ?

Ya do realise thats that roughly £8000 sterling . Welfare rate .
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

IRISH KAM

Is that 15000 $ CAN ?

Ya do realise thats roughly £8000 sterling . Welfare rate .
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Superchecker

Quote from: "IRISH KAM"

Is that 15000 $ CAN ?

Ya do realise thats that roughly £8000 sterling . Welfare rate .

$15,000 above/in addition to my base pay of $65,000 a year.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"It can vary, but LaFarge now pays mixer ops around 38.00/hour.  At least here in Vancouver...

You can do the math from there.  There may be some overtime, but not as much as you'd think.  Winter can get slow for some of the guys on the lower end of the totem pole.

There's really not much more that pays better here.  Ocean essentially matches their pay rates.

Here, Burnco is not union, and doesn't pay as well, nor do they offer the same benefits.  Of course, working enough hours throughout the year could still earn you six figure income.

Burnco must be union in Calgary, because they had a lockout about three years ago.

I'm not sure of his hourly rate. it would be lower than a driller or derrickhand on a rig, but probably pretty good for the city. And ya, the guy does work a lot of o/t. He has the whiskers to do it.